- What challenge(s) apply to your project?
Reduce Agricultural Foodwaste in Switzerland.
- Describe the problem and why we should care in 3-5 sentences.
Imperfect vegetables and fruits can not be sold in the typical supermarkets. Most of these imperfect yet perfectly edible products will end on a pile of compost or in a biogas-plant. It’s a complete waste of food and of energy that was invested in producing the food.
- Describe your solution in 3-5 sentences.
Happy Farmer is an online shop that sell such imperfect vegetables and fruits. It has two main advantages to the current agricultural e-commerce shops: 1.environmental benefits 2.Economic incentive for the customers.
- Add any screenshots / demo links / photos of the results we should look at.
- Enter any links or datasets that were key to your progress.
- Where did this project stand prior to the Climathon?
- Why do you think your project is relevant for the City of Zurich?
The demand for e-shopping for agricultural products is increasing in Zürich. People of Zürich value convenience and are willing to pay for it. Happy Farmer kills two flies in one:
it reduces the foodwaste in Zürich and close-by areas and with it the consumption of energy and the production of CO2 emissions.
It offers an extremely convenient shopping service