V-Zug smart cooking devices are digitally advanced and energy efficient, but only work for a limited V-Zug provided recipes. Open Food Data + Smart Kitchen Chanllenge No. 7: Unified Food Platform
Find, filter and Integrate desired recipes from other databases and make them available in V-Zug end user App and usable within the logic of the V-Zug smart kitchen machines.
Enriched Babel ZUG platform was created:
- contain 188 original V-Zug recipes + 231 recipes of Nestlé (+120% in 2 days)
- each recipe could connect to V-Zug device according to cooking instructions
Created a convincing case study for more open food data:
- enable cooking experience for end users more enjoyable
- enable high quality kitchen device manufacturers sell more products
- ensure food providers who care about quality have larger market share
- overall positive impact, win-win for all parties involved
- it is technically feasible
How could the future look like
- A unified food platform for the end users when they think about food and cooking.
- Adapt recipes for end users specific food needs, like allergies, vegetarian, food co2 footprint awareness, etc.
- Automated import and conversion of any recipe to use with V-Zug Machines
- Automated online shopping
- Food Profiling
- Food Journals
- Nutritional Information and tracking