This content is a preview from an
Analysis of Waste generation.
About the Project:
To avoid the littering problem of the Lenzburg city. The officials decided to develop new strategies to overcome the issues and include the public in the cleaning process.
1. Waste Generation Per Capita (kg/yr) → 702 kg/yr/person → ca 2kg/day
2. Recycling rate → 34%
3. Population of Lenzburg: 10,569 → 7419.438 tonne/yr
4. Population Density: 930/km2 → ca 1.8 tonne/km2
1. A mini-Recycling station for Im Lenz
2. Infrastructure (Decentralised/Semi-public mini containers/)
3. Creation of waste disposal awareness
4. Hotline for malfunctions
5. Selection of Containers
6. Important decision makers?
7. Calculate the fraction of waste that is generating/apartment and what fraction lands in local containers
8. Data collection - Analysis - Predictions
1. Smart Waste collection station with Solar powered/ Charging stations
2. Parking area + E-Charging Stations + Walk in station
3. RFID card with point collection as a reward / Free parking for Waste disposal /same card for entry.
4. Facility for user to report malfunctions using a emergency alert switch directly on the device. After the alert the bin display the expected time of repair.
5. Volumetric sensor, RFID and GPRS / IOT
6. Games/Education Application: A simulator (clean the city application), Social Cleaning awareness application
1. Portable machine to convert food waste to compost/fertiliser.
2. Application (See LoFi Prototype on Presentation Slide)