01_Tourists in Public Space
The aim is to measure the frequency of guests within destinations.
This challenge has been implemented here:
Project: #1_Tourists in Public Space
Development of frequency measurements and personas for marketing and management/politics.
Two destinations, the Diemtigtal and Soloturn. They could not be more different. The Diemtigtal, a small valley in the Bernese Oberland very attractive for families and mountain hikers. And the city of Solothurn, vibrant city with a beautiful old town and sights. The problem that these two destinations have is the frequency measurement. Not only these destinations are struggling with this problem, but also many others. It is therefore necessary to set up a pioneering project. How can the existing data be used? Where could possible new measurements be taken? Help to solve a problem of many destinations!
𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲:
- Data from different sources is available but not combined to get the full picture
- We want to measure the frequency of guests. This should help with decision making.
- Use insights for resource management and improved efficiency
𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗴𝗼𝗮𝗹 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼:
- Utilize data to analyze and visualize frequencies and dependencies
- Outlook for further analysis / data requirements (what data might be useful)
- Diemtigtal: SKIDATA, Restaurant Turnover, Social Media, Snow Conditions, Value Study
- Solothurn: SKIDATA, WLAN, Social Media, Google Analytics
- Intervista: POI (Parking and cable railways)
𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗼𝘄𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗿𝗲:
SOLOTHURN TOURISMUS: www.solothurn-city.ch
WIRIHORN DIEMTIGTAL: www.wiriehorn.ch
Fabienne has joined!
Worked on documentation
AngelaSchmidt has joined!
Initialized by AngelaSchmidt 🎉