Joined the team
A better way to experience art
Build a working, easy to follow example that integrates open and curated culture data with VR devices in a museum exhibition to provide modern, fun and richer visitor experience. Focusing on one art piece, organizing data alone the timeline, building a concept and process, so anyone who want to use above technologies can easily follow the steps for any art object for any museum.
Have a VR device next to the painting, we integrate interesting facts about the painting in a 360 timeline view with voice over. Visitors can simply put it on to use it.
Try the live demo in your browser - works particularly well on mobile phones, and supports Google Cardboard:
Visit the project homepage for more information, and to learn more about the technology and data used.
See also: hackathon presentation (PPTX) | source code (GitHub)
- “Allianzteppich”, a permanent collection in Landsmuseum
- Curated data from Dominik Sievi in Landsmuseum
- Open data sources (WikiData)
- Kamontat Chantrachirathumrong (Developer)
- Oleg Lavrovsky (Developer)
- Marina Pardini (UX designer)
- Birk Weiberg (Art Historian)
- Xia Willuhn (Developer)