Open source conversational platform for Climathon projects
- What challenge(s) apply to your project?
The running of the Climathon itself. I am one of the organisers, and this is not an official project submission - but still something that was mostly developed at the Climathon.
- Describe the problem and why we should care in 3-5 sentences.
We need to track the progress of many teams, and bots can do it better than humans. So, we made one.
- Describe your solution in 3-5 sentences.
This is a bot that connects to participants through Slack and bugs people to improve their conversation through good habits (like taking a walk and drinking water), and provides various tools, like a project and open data search, and a way to easily create documentation about all the teams.
- Add any screenshots / demo links / photos of the results we should look at.
See the #startnewteam channel, or talk to the @sodabot bot yourself on the Climathon Zurich Slack.
- Enter any links or datasets that were key to your progress.
Hubot was a basis for this project, data is from opendata.swiss. Biggest help of all were all the people that tried the bot and gave their feedback at the Climathon!
- Where did this project stand prior to the Climathon?
A new script was started at the Climathon within an existing framework for bots called Hubot.
- Why do you think your project is relevant for the City of Zurich?
Zurich should (also) be the center for A.I. innovation!
- Any other comments about your experience.
Loved every minute. Thanks everyone!