This page details the requirements of projects as they progress through stages of development.
Use the Post button when your project is ready to advance to the next level! See also: Resources
🚧 Asking questions with data about issues that matter.
- Questions are formulated in a way that hint at what data will be needed, helping to scope the project.
- Links to readily available data sources and other resources have been provided.
- Acquiring data to meet the challenge is realistic within our time limits.
👪 Collecting resources together in a shared space.
- Our team members have agreed to work together for the duration of the event.
- We are collecting data, and sharing it in an accessible collaboration space.
⚗️ Scoping of data collection and prototyping strategy.
- A shared repository has been set up where work on code and data can be tracked.
- Aggregation of data (download, crowdsourcing, scraping, etc.) is in progress.
- Link any relevant data schema or code frameworks in your documentation.
🎨 Evaluating and explaining to fellow humans.
- Check the metadata and methods of your data, decide whether they come from a credible source.
- Annotate key datasets to explain your understanding of the structure and content.
- We made wireframes or sketches of our idea, attaching it here as an image.
🐣 Efforts to improve the quality of the output.
- We have checked the rights, open licenses, and permissions to use all assets, data, and code.
- Perspective was gained on the data using a spreadsheet, data wrangling or statistical program.
🎈 Gaining insights on the problem defined in the beginning.
- Gain more depth by exploring data in code, with data visualisations and interfaces.
- While correlating and linking data fields, we made critical reflection of causality.
- The necessary infrastructure for hosting is available, and can be maintained.
🚀 Thinking about audience and making the results public.
- The full results of this work have been showcased and published under an open license.
- Contact with the maintainers is possible to ask questions or send feedback.
- We have made sure to attribute all sources, and to thank all contributors.